Friday, September 10, 2021

Sandra Anne Taylor: The Akashic Records Made Easy

 Here is an example of a title that is both true and false in equally upsetting measure.  The book itself is too easy to be useful, and what it advertises as easy is in fact ineffable and impossible.  It fails to reach any depth, and correspondingly is ineffective.  I am left with the question, as I ever am, is what I experience when I follow the instructions in this sort of book merely the product of my own imagination, or does it come from without?  My own dreams are consistently vivid and fantastic.  It is clearly well within the ability of my own mind to invent things that have the trappings of reality, and are alien enough to seem to come from without.  Surely the relatively less vivid and fantastic things I perceive in meditation could be of the same source. 

Alternatively, have I had it backward all along?  Are the things I see in dreams the real thing, and those I see in meditation the pale reflection?  At any rate, this book was zero help in either clarifying or deepening my experience.

No comments: