Friday, February 24, 2006

Quickies

Books I've read since my last post but, for whatever reason, don't feel like writing about:

Harper Lee: To Kill A Mockingbird

I am wholly inadequate to the task of analyzing this book based on only one reading. I'll revisit later.

Stephen Chapman: The 5 Love Languages

Jason recommended this to me with nearly the same breath as, "Just friends." Taking that as feedback, I have now read it and, as with on other topics, Jason was right.

Jim Wallis: God's Politics

A thought-provoking, if repetitive and pedantic, book on the intersection between religion and politics. I was almost convinced.

William Shakespeare: Measure for Measure

M4M, as we have taken to calling it, was surprisingly cogent for a Shakespeare comedy. More readable and entertaining, in my opinion, than Twelfth Night or As You Like It. Read in preparation for a theatrical performance, which was worth the $10 student price, but not the $40 full price. Prudent of me to have kept my ID, no?

Obadiah-Zephaniah

Sadly, not much worth reporting here, save that Schadenfreude is frowned upon.

No comments: