Friday, January 01, 2021

Robert Hughes: Seventy Proven Hypnosis Scripts

 There is not much to say about this book, but an awful lot to say about the place it represents on my current path.  I took some valuable concepts and tools away from it, several that I have already applied with success.  On the whole, it is repetitive and reductive, and by no means needed to be as long as it is.  One gets the impression that vast swaths were copied and pasted from one section to another, which is presumably because they work.  

But what can I say about the new doors that are opening to me, of which this is a mere splinter?  Shall I wax dramatic, and marvel at the wonders of the human mind to which I am being awakened?  Shall I confess my fear that I am not suited to open these doors and ask these questions?  Shall I make some forced attempt to connect what I am learning about human experience to the rather more stable rocks of literature and philosophy?  Shall I leave the reader, of which there are presumably none, with the impression that I might be going mad?  Yes, I think this last one will do nicely.

No comments: